Effective Date: 5/22/2022
Information you provide to us
We collect and use personal information that you voluntarily provide to us on our Website including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number or financial information, in the following circumstances:
- Accounts when you register for an account or subscribe to use the products or our Website
- Support when you request support, services or information about the products or our Website
- Contests and Promotions when you participate in a contest, promotion or survey sponsored by us
- Correspondence if you contact us we will collect the personal information contained within your correspondence (including e-mail addresses)
- Transactions and Orders when you carry out transactions through our Website or website www.payproglobal.com or purchase a license to a product including on a trial basis or any upgrades
- If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, you can still visit most areas of the Website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services that involve interaction.
Information we may collect
We may automatically collect statistical or aggregate non-personal information about your interaction with our Website and our software.
Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers that is not personally identifiable. This may include usage information about your computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other electronic device and your activity using our Website. We may collect information including the Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), pages that you access, referring/exit pages, operating system, resources that you access, date/time stamp and other interactions with our Website. This information can assist us in analyzing trends, providing statistical information and improving our Website.
If we link or associate any information gathered with personal information we treat the combined information as personal information. Otherwise we use and disclose information collected solely by passive means in aggregate form or in a non-personally identifiable form. We may collect, use and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered personal information, then we treat it as such.
Like the vast majority of website providers, we use various common Internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect details about your interactions with our Website. We only collect aggregate information, such as, for example, traffic data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own contractual purposes or otherwise.
Web Beacons Web beacons also known as pixel tags are electronic images, contained on a website that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
Web Analytics We also collect some information (ourselves or using third party services) using web analytic tools to help us continuously improve our Website and the Products. We use third-party services that use tracking technologies to track non-personally identifiable information about interactions on our Website in the aggregate to capture usage and volume statistics. This information is used to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to increase our services functionality and for the technical administration.
How we use the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To administer, operate, maintain and improve our services and Website
- To provide you with information, newsletters and products or services that you request from us
- To notify you about any changes or provide you with support
- To carry out our obligations, process and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us such as communications related to payments and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to purchase and download products and participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- For billing and accounting purposes.
- For internal purposes such as performing research and analysis and to provide anonymous reporting internally or externally
- For marketing and promotional purposes so as to provide you with information about products or services we think you might like. You may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the steps described below.
- For any other purposes that we may disclose to you at the point at which we request your personal information and pursuant to your consent
Once you have registered for the products we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the products, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of the product.
Disclosure of your information
To a member of our group holding company and its subsidiaries and majority owned affiliates. This information helps us make your customer experience more seamless and efficient by allowing us to improve our marketing efforts to better target customer needs, streamline our processes and consolidate our backend business systems.
Direct or indirect contractors and service providers we occasionally use to support our business as may be required for example, to fulfill orders, conduct billing/credit card processing provide you with services or perform statistical analysis. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service in accordance with our policies under confidentiality agreements and not for their own purposes.
Authorized partners, distributors and resellers to fulfill any terms under your licensing and service relationship with us and to provide you with local technical and customer support.
In the event (whether perspective or actual) of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Perfect Backup Software assets, in which case personal information held by us about you and our customers will be among the assets transferred to the (prospective) buyer.
Comply with a law, court order, legal process or other legal obligation.
Protect the rights, property, or safety of Perfect Backup Software, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information that doesn’t identify you, to our partners or other third parties about how our customers, collectively, use our Website but we do not sell or share any information at the individual level.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You are also responsible for keeping your license information confidential. You may not share it with anyone.